Sunday, March 22, 2009

STRESS....

"Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness." ~Richard Carlson
In the past two weeks I have had more than my fair share of stress. At both of the schools I work at the stress level has been working overtime! I've had to make four calls to CPS (Child protecive services) regarding parental abuse. I've dealt with administrative issues that have tied my hands to do what I feel is in the best interest of a child and the school, meet with parents who are concerned about their child's mental health-for very good reasons, go to meetings, including one at DCFS to determine the fate of children that are at the mercy of the system or their parents and had the overwhelming feeling that there's not enough time in the world to help all of the needy children I come in contact with on a daily basis. Added to all of this is the stress of dealing with teenagers! Teenagers in my home, at my workplace and through my calling at church (Young Women's). Don't get me wrong, normally I love this age group, they keep me guessing, remind me to have fun and make me laugh, but sometimes the "DRAMA" put's me over the edge! Fortunately, I have wonderful people in my life who let me vent. The Principal of my elementary school was feeling the same way so we had an hour long vent session that felt really good. Then, as usual, poor Jeff get's my angry venting, ranting and gnashing of teeth when I am fed up with certain people. Carla was next, she gets my emotional, whining, crazy ranting episodes. Thankfully, these wonderful people and others in my life are who keep me sane. They remind me that I'm "ok" and life will get better. They take the time to listen even when I'm delving into episodes of near insanity. Most importantly though, I know My Heavenly Father is there, no matter where I'm at, what I'm going through or how helpless I feel. I know that I am blessed, so very blessed-stress or not and I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Wow Felicia! Considering everything that's going on lately that is some serious healthy (ugh! isn't there another word) perspective. Props to you!

Love ya-